Systems Administrator and Project Engineer
Want to work on all the fun stuff in IT?
Location: Cumming, GA
Status: Full-Time, Employee
Relevant Work Experience: 5+ Years
Hours: 7:50am-5pm M-F
Ready to have the chance to dig in and do the fun and interesting IT projects? Do you want to improve your skills and advance your career? Do you feel you can do much more if given the opportunity?
This position gets to do all the fun stuff for our clients. They get to deploy the new technologies, do our cybersecurity projects, setup new servers, firewalls, switches, backups, etc. This position is for a highly technical person that wants the opportunity to lead projects that truly transform our customers. In between working IT projects, this person would also work on escalated support tickets from our clients.
We will want to get you on a training plan to have you regularly gaining new skills, new certifications, and understanding the latest in cybersecurity. We want people who want to upgrade their career and get their hands dirty in some fun and interesting IT projects.
This position is for our office located in Cumming, GA and serves clients in Georgia, Arizona, northern California, and nationwide.
We want candidates who:
- Like independent responsibility without micro-management.
- Thrive on complex projects and interesting solutions.
- Prefer a more relaxed work environment.
- Want the opportunity to have a direct impact upon your team and the company.
- Seek to improve their skillset with an eye on future leadership opportunities.
- Want a company that values a healthy work/life balance.
- Already have a proven track record.
What will you do?
- Work as part of our IT project team, performing pre-sales engineering and implementing IT projects for our clients.
- Understand the full scope of work required and develop a plan/strategy to minimize the impact to the client while ensuring the budget hours are maintained on each project.
- Maintain an accurate account of time spent on client project tickets through detailed ticket notes using our ConnectWise Manage ticketing system.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures, network drawings, and maintain current client documentation within our documentation system IT Glue.
- Implement new equipment and reconfigure existing equipment, including servers and any network devices.
- Handle ongoing migration of client software and applications.
- Perform migrations from Exchange servers to Office 365.
- Complete any other tasks listed in statement of work for each project plan.
- Primarily work from the office while traveling onsite within Atlanta metro area as required by the project scope of work. Any travel outside of the Atlanta metro area will be preplanned and scheduled accordingly.
- Provide onsite support at customer site after project implementation to ensure everything is performing correctly.
- Effectively communicate with client as well as project team throughout duration of project.
- Will sometimes be required to implement project work outside of client’s normal business hours to minimize any unnecessary downtime to their business.
- Work with the goal of ensuring smooth operation of the network infrastructure to provide maximum performance and availability for our clients’ users.
- Work on escalated reactive support tickets on the help desk.
- Perform on-call duties per Snap Tech after-hours policy.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, or MCITP certifications preferred.
- CCNA certification preferred.
- Annual renewal/updating of technical certifications where updates are available.
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware, including Lenovo and HP.
- Deep-seated experience with desktop and server operating systems, including all Microsoft solutions.
- Extensive application support experience with ConnectWise a plus.
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and service department deliverables.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers, UPS, and peripherals.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable method of transportation.
Benefits include group medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, personal & sick time, retirement contribution and training reimbursement. Our generous compensation plans are structured as salary plus bonuses for meeting utilization, compliance and customer service requirements, with initial compensation commensurate with relevant experience.
About Snap Tech IT:
Since 2001, Snap Tech IT has provided tech support to businesses in Atlanta, Phoenix, and San Francisco, and we are growing fast—at a rate of 20 percent year over year. As we expand operations from coast to coast, we have great opportunities for savvy IT professionals.
You will join a proven team owned by industry thought leaders who share their IT industry knowledge on the local and national stage. You’ll find them right down the hall, working side-by-side with the rest of the team to build an incredible company. Our goal: to create an environment where people love to work, and to extend that to help our clients become the same.