Technical Project Engineer – Are your skills being challenged in a fulfilling career?
Locations: Cumming, GA & Tempe, AZ
Status: Full-Time, Employee
Relevant Work Experience: 5+ Years
Hours: 7:50am-5pm M-F
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 / year
Challenge. Growth Opportunities. Work hard, play hard culture. If you’re looking to expand your skills & take your IT career to the next level in an environment brimming with opportunity, collaboration & access to ongoing training & development, please review the following job opportunity with Snap Tech IT.
We’re looking for a talented, motivated and customer service-driven Network/IT Systems Project Engineer to join our team, helping us deliver world-class service to our diverse client base, powered by cutting-edge technology you can get excited about. We want people who approach the positions with an eye on “how can I make it better?” and are willing to present improvements to our leadership team for review.
This position is for our office located in Tempe, AZ and serves clients in Georgia, Arizona, northern California, and nationwide.
We want candidates who:
- Thrive on complex projects and interesting solutions while having independent responsibility without micro-management.
- Prefer a more relaxed work environment with healthy work-lift balance.
- Are eager to participate in friendly team competition for certifications, win prizes, and progress to future leadership opportunities in the organization.
- Look for ways to improve processes and procedures and bring those to the team through our weekly departmental meetings.
- Already have a proven track record in IT, preferably a Managed Service Provider.
- Are looking to help the company grow and grow in their career as the organization grows.
What will you do?
Work as part of our IT project team, performing the following tasks for clients:
- Pre-Sales Engineering
- Project Management Tasks
- Network Buildouts/Migrations
- Server Buildouts/Migrations
- Office 365 Migrations
- Application Implementation/Migrations
- Understand the full scope of work required and develop a plan/strategy to minimize the impact to the client while ensuring the budget hours are maintained on each project.
- Effective documentation of client environments during solution implementation, including but not limited to, Standard Operating Procedures, Network Drawings, and Project Ticket tracking/updates throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Primarily work from the office while traveling onsite within the Phoenix metro areas as required by the project scope of work. Any travel outside of the Phoenix metro area will be pre–planned and scheduled accordingly.
- Effectively communicate with client as well as project team throughout duration of project.
- Will sometimes be required to implement project work outside of client’s normal business hours to minimize any unnecessary downtime to their business. (Flex time offered for afterhours work performed)
- Perform on-call duties per Snap Tech after-hours policy.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications Preferred (Not Required):
- Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, or MCITP certifications preferred.
- CCNA certification preferred.
- Exceptional knowledge of the following items:
- Computer hardware – including Lenovo and HP.
- Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems
- Application Migration Experience – ConnectWise Manage a plus
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written\oral communication skills, customer service skills, interpersonal skills, documentation skills, and drive to learn new solutions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment as it relates to cybersecurity.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers, UPS, and peripherals.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable method of transportation.
Benefits include group medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, personal & sick time, retirement contribution and training reimbursement. Our competitive compensation plans are structured as salary plus bonuses for meeting utilization, compliance and customer service requirements, with initial compensation commensurate with relevant experience.
About Snap Tech IT:
Since 2001, Snap Tech IT has provided tech support to businesses in Atlanta, Phoenix, and San Francisco, and we are growing fast—at a rate of 20 percent year over year. As we expand operations from coast to coast, we have great opportunities for savvy IT professionals.
You will join a proven team owned by industry thought leaders who share their IT industry knowledge on the local and national stage. You’ll find them right down the hall, working side-by-side with the rest of the team to build an incredible company. Our goal: to create an environment where people love to work, and to extend that passion to our clients as their trusted IT partner.