Are you ready for your next challenge?
Location: Tempe AZ, Cumming GA, or South San Francisco CA
Status: Full-Time, Employee
Relevant Work Experience: 5+ Years
Hours: 7:50am-5pm M-F Arizona Time (current open positions would require applicant to work Arizona time zone)
Are you ready for your next challenge? Do you want to improve your skills and advance your career? Do you feel you can do much more if given the opportunity?
We’re looking for a talented, motivated, and customer service-driven Systems Administrator to join our team and help us deliver world-class service to our diverse client base utilizing cutting-edge technology. We want people who look at a job and ask, how can I make it better? We like to say we take the hard right over the easy wrong. That is how effective IT is really done.
We are actively hiring for this position at any of our office locations (Tempe AZ, Cumming GA, or South San Francisco CA) to serves clients nationwide.
We want candidates who:
- Likes independent responsibility without micro-management.
- Thrives on complex projects and interesting solutions.
- Prefers a more relaxed work environment.
- Wants the opportunity to have a direct impact upon their team and the company.
- Seeks to improve their skill set with an eye on future leadership opportunities.
- Wants a company that values a healthy work/life balance.
- Already has a proven track record.
What will you do?
- Work as part of our IT support staff, taking escalated tickets from our help desk technicians and supporting clients with IT issues or requests, primarily from the office using our RMM tool ConnectWise Automate but occasionally traveling onsite as needed.
- Maintain an accurate account of time spent on client matters through detailed ticket notes using our ConnectWise Manage ticketing system.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and maintain current client network documentation within our documentation system IT Glue.
- Help our team identify recurring issues and how to solve them forever.
- Install, configure, and upgrade server operating systems, server-based applications, Active Directory systems, and network infrastructure.
- Contact and work with third-party vendors for warranty service repair and/or higher-level assistance.
- Perform Microsoft Server 2008R2, 2012R2, and 2016 administration.
- Perform HyperV and VMWare ESX administration.
- Administrator network infrastructure devices, including Sophos firewalls.
- Escalate all work out of your scope of ability to the customer’s assigned IT Manager.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, or MCITP certifications preferred.
- CCNA certification preferred.
- Regular renewal/updating of technical certifications where updates are available.
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware, including Lenovo and HP.
- Deep-seated experience with desktop and server operating systems, including all Microsoft solutions.
- Extensive application support experience with ConnectWise is a plus.
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and service department deliverables.
- Strong understanding of organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers, UPS, and peripherals.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable method of transportation.
Benefits include group medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, personal & sick time, retirement contribution and training reimbursement. Our generous compensation plans are structured as salary plus bonuses for meeting utilization, compliance and customer service requirements, with initial compensation commensurate with relevant experience.
About Snap Tech IT:
Since 2001, Snap Tech IT has provided tech support to businesses in Atlanta, Phoenix, and San Francisco, and we are growing fast. As we expand operations from coast to coast, we have great opportunities for savvy IT professionals.
You will join a proven team owned by industry thought leaders who share their IT industry knowledge on the local and national stage. You’ll find them right down the hall, working side-by-side with the rest of the team to build an incredible company. Our goal: to create an environment where people love to work, and to extend that to help our clients become the same.